Mac OS X dmg
Digital Multimeter readout software with recorder
News: QtDMM was relicensed from GPL version 2 to GPL version 3 (27/04/2014)
Reason for the license change was a request from http://sigrok.org/. They want to incorporate
QtDMM (or part of it) into their codebase. We came to the conclusion that further development on QtDMM will
be done by the folks from sigrok. QtDMM is 13 years old now and I hope the people from sigrok keep it alive
for another few years...
QtDMM is a DMM readout software including a configurable recorder. A friend of mine asked
me for a DMM readout software for Linux as the DOS software he had was not really usable. Additionally it
featured numerous hefty translation errors in the GUI. To help him out I wrote this little piece of software.
The recorder features manual start, scheduled start (at a given time) and triggered automatic start when given
thresholds are reached. Additionally you can start an external application when given thresholds are reached.
It was initially written for Metex (and compatible like VOLTCRAFT) multimeter which use an 14 byte protocol.
Later several more protocols have been added. For more information on the currently supported DMM's have a look at
the preset table.
With version 0.8 the ability to display more than one value from the multimeter was added.
QtDMM has been tested on Linux so far, but it should be compileable on other flavours of UNIX provided the following
prerequisites are met:
Versions before 0.9.0 need Qt version 3.x!
- Qt-4.x (development package)
Versions before 0.8.3 need Qt version 2.x!
QtDMM comes in a source-only distribution. Compilation is simple.
- Untar the tarball
- Enter the directory QtDMM
- call qmake
- call make and wait a few moments
Now you'll find the executable qtdmm in the QtDMM/bin directory. Put it into your $PATH and
you are done.
- Version 0.9.0
- Ported to Qt4
- Relicensed from GPL version 2 to GPL version 3
- TekPower TP4000ZC / Digitek DT4000ZC
- Added PeakTech 3430
- Version 0.8.14
- Terminal flags
- Voltcraft VC 920/940
- Version 0.8.13
- One hour recording crash bug
- Metex M-4650C settings (Samuel Hildebrandt)
- Tenma 72-1016 settings (simon morris)
- Metex M-3870D settings (Zdeněk Šigut)
- Version 0.8.12
- Added PeakTech 4015A (Jochen Puchalla)
- Added Tenma 72-7745 (Laurent Perez)
- Bugfix McVoice M-980T (Erik Hobel)
- Added Digitech QM1462 (Peter Halasz)
- Added Digitek INO2513
- Added Raio Shack 22-812 (Bruce Lilly)
- Corrected typo in dmmgraph (Erik Hobel)
- Version 0.8.11
- Mac OS X port
- Version 0.8.10
- Added Sinometer MAS-343
- Adedd PeakTech 3330
- Bugfix in VC820 protocoll
- Added Voltrcaft VC940
- Added Digitech QM1537
- Added Uni-Trend UT30A and UT30E
- Added Digitek DT-9062
- Confirmation Voltcraft M-3860
- Added PeakTech 4360
- Version 0.8.9
- Added Voltcraft M-3610D
- Added Iso-Tech IDM 73
- Version 0.8.8
- gcc 4.1 compatibility
- Added Digitech QM1538, MASTECH MAS-345, M-345pro, Voltcraft M-4650CR
- Context menu for graph
- Improved import
- Version 0.8.7
- Added VC820, VC840, MASTECH M9803R, McVoice M-980T and
- Save manual settings to file
- GUI configuration
- Up to 6 digits in display now
- Version 0.8.6
- Cleaned up compiler warnings
- Added Metex M-3850M and PeakTech-4390 (Thanks to Hubert Mayer)
- Added Digitech QM 1350 (James Cameron)
- Import/Export issue (Hubert Mayer)
- Configuration problem for large port numbers (Hubert Mayer)
- Version 0.8.5
- Fixed window save behaviour (nobody noticed yet?)
- Fixed sampling counter
- Added ME-42
- --console option. This might or might not help to
- Version 0.8.4
- Added header file for debian
- Added QtDMM.desktop (Radek Liboska)
- Added PNG Icon (Radek Liboska)
- Separated device name and number (this way you can
configure ttyS0-ttyS99 without the need for a one
kilometer long popupmenu)
- Version 0.8.3
- Finally ported to Qt-3
- Version 0.8.2
- Added preset for Voltcraft M-3650D
- Removed performance bug in graph (manual scaling)
- Improved automatic scaling (not completed)
- Mouse panning in graph
- Thresholds can be moved with mouse now
- Reworked configuration dialog (fully non-modal now)
- Version 0.8.1
- Added include to fix compilation problems on RedHat based systems
- Zoom IN/OUT of graph with wheelmouse
- Version 0.8
- Added Protocol for ELV M9803R (Thanks to Ralph Fischer for providing me such a multimeter for testing)
- Added Protocol for Voltraft VC 635 and VC 655
- Display resides in toolbar now
- Bargraph for Display
- More configuration options for display
- Added parity setting for serial port
- Added setting for display digits (3 1/3 = 2000 digits, 3 3/4 = 4000 digits, 4 1/2 = 20000 disgits and 4 3/4 = 50000 digits)
- Improved graph scale
- Display shows up to four values now (not in graph yet)
- Bugfix for continuous polling protocolls. This should fix the problems reported by some users
- Display update separated from graph (displays as fast as the multimeter provides data)
- numerous small bugfixes
- introduced "tip of the day" dialog (still missing some text)
- Version 0.7
- Added Voltcraft ME-42, M-3860, M-4660A, M-4660M, MXD-4660A
- Added protocol for Voltcraft VC 630, VC 650, VC 670
- Bugfix in 14 byte, polling protocol
- Fixed small configuration dialog bug
- Version 0.6.2
- Added integration curve to capture and evaluate data from chromatographic detectors.
- More graph drawing options
- Configuration dialog is always on top now
- Version 0.6.1
- Added online help texts (Should be complete now)
- Minor internal cleanup
- Version 0.6
- Lots of chrome for the display
- Some minor buglets have been killed
- Thresholds are shown as horizontal lines
- Version 0.5.1
- Added PeakTech 4010 (Michael Linnemann)
- Added Metex M-3660D (Ralph Fischer)
- Added some online help chrome
- Version 0.5
- Can start external commands at given thresholds
- Added METEX universal system 9160 and Metex M3850D/3830D (Carsten Holck)
- Version 0.4.1
- Improved import
- Version 0.4
- Added import of data
- Configuration dialog is nonmodal now
- Added some GUI chrome
- Persistent printer settings
- Added 22-805 Radioshack DMM (Roger M.)
- Added Metex/Voltcraft ME-11 (Dough LaRue)
- Added Voltcraft ME-22T (Radek Liboska PhD)
- Version 0.3
- Added Voltcraft M-4660 (Michael Petruzelka)
- Version 0.2
- Added support for PeakTech-451 (Dr. Ralf Wieland)
- More port settings
- Added model presets
- Version 0.1
- Initial release
Please don't forget to read, understand and agree
to QtDMM's license before using it.
Mac OS X dmg's
The Mac OS X binaries (compiled on Mac OS X 10.4.11) are statically linked against Qt 3.3.8. You don't need the Qt library installed on your system.
You might have to 'shift-click' the links to download the sources.
Version 0.6.2 shows a wrong version string and shows up as version 0.6.1. If your QtDMM has the 'integration'
feature it is 0.6.2 in reality. I will not make a new version to change this as you can expect a new enhanced
version in the near future anyway.
With version 0.8 the way of reading data from the multimeter was changed. This might have broken some
of the drivers (and more likely fixed many problems). It would be nice if users of this version could (re)confirm
if their DMM is (still) working.
Version 0.8.5 has a commandline option (--console). It makes QtDMM print a hexdump of the read data to stdout (if any).
If you are in trouble, try this option and mail me the output.
Radek Liboska firstname.lastname@example.org was so kind to create RPM's
As I'm not the grandmaster of RPM's (I'm one of those old fashioned guys that prefer source tarballs :)
please contact Radek if you get into trouble with the RPM's.
A Debian package can be found at http://packages.debian.org/unstable/science/qtdmm
QtDMM is licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms
of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License,
or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for more details.
|is copyright by Matthias Toussaint